Purpose of the La Jolla Shores Association
The purposes and activities of the La Jolla Shores Association (LJSA)
LJSA Home Page
- Neighborhood Protection and Beautification
- Enforcing our
Planned District Ordinance (PDO).
- Providing an independent review of all building permit applications.
- Representing the community's interests before the Planned District
- Monitoring and preserving our parks, beach, and shoreline.
- Transportation review.
- Protecting and improving our retail business district.
- Preserving and enhancing our local environment.
- Liaison with Other Organizations and Government
- Representing our community's interests before the City Planning Commission,
the City Council, and other government agencies.
- Coordinating with the La Jolla Town Council, the La Jolla Community
Planning Association, the La Jolla Coalition of Community Groups and other
civic organizations on matters of interest to our community.
- Forums on community issues are organized when appropriate.
- Social Activities
- Annual members picnic at the Shores. Come and meet your directors and
neighbors. Watch for notification in the fall.
- We encourage Neighborhood Watch, RSVP and activities to promote neighborhood
awareness among residents and businesses.
- Occasional social events are held for members.